Types of metal roofing
It can be challenging to try and navigate all the different types of metal roofing available, but selecting the right one for your application is important. At Cunningham Contracting Inc. we are always happy to help you compare different features and come up with the roofing choice that is the best match for your specific needs. We know the differences between the different types of metal roofs and we’re always here to walk you through the benefits and drawbacks of each so you can make an informed choice. Here is a quick look at some of the basics, but please contact us to learn more.
- R-Panel roof: this type of roof is a cost-effective choice for many residential or commercial applications as it can be fitted over an existing roof, saving on disposal costs. It’s a good pick for low profile roofs. R-Panel roofs come in a variety of different colors.
- Corrugated roof: this is the type of roof most people think of when they hear the words “metal roof”. Corrugated roofs are made up of metal panels, and they have been in use for many years because they are durable and easy to install. There are several varieties available.
- Architectural standing seam: this type of metal roof is the gold standard of its kind, and it’s extremely well constructed. Factory sealed for water resistance, this is a great choice if you have the budget to do it. The panels are also wind resistant.
- Copper roof: popular for its unique look at attractive appearance copper roofs make a statement, but have practical benefits as well. It is very durable, energy efficient, and lightweight, making it an excellent all-around choice for roofing. That said, experienced installation is important as it is a specialty material, and it can be an expensive pick.
- Aluminum roof: another lightweight metal, aluminum has good corrosion resistance, making it a good choice for areas that are by the ocean. It is also fairly easy to work with.
- Steel roof: steel has long been a popular choice in metal roofing materials because it is both inexpensive and long-lasting. It can be heavier than some of the other metals, but it is very durable.
- Zinc roof: this roofing type is not as well known as many of the others, but it is very corrosion resistant and durable. In addition, zinc has the ability to “self heal” which makes it a very unique option in roofing material.
Should you choose metal?
If you’re thinking about a metal roof we can talk with you about what material would be best, and dial in an estimate for you. Schedule a consultation with our staff today where we can talk with you about your budget, your project, and your timeline. Contact Cunningham Contracting Inc. today to set up a time that is convenient.
Contact us for metal roofing information!
Why Choose Us?
- Locally-Owned & Operated
- Factory-Trained Technicians
- Over 25 Years of Experience
- Best Warranty Offer In The Industry
- Member of Crofton Chamber of Commerce