Metal Roofing Services in Crofton, MD
Metal Roofing Options for Your Home or Business in Crofton, MD
Cunningham Contracting, Inc. has ample experience helping residential and commercial clients with their roofing needs in Crofton, MD. Many property owners enjoy the charming appeal of a tile roof while others favor the practicality and lower costs of asphalt shingles. Business properties tend to have flat roofs, which call for specialized materials like modified bitumen roofs and single-layer membrane roofs. However, metal roofing is a durable option that’s growing in popularity among residential and commercial properties. It takes a highly trained roofing company with expertise in metal roof installation and the various types to handle these projects. We proudly offer metal roofing services to our clients who choose to invest in this option. Our team has helped a multitude of clients with metal roofs in the Washington DC and Baltimore metro areas, as well as Bowie, Annapolis, and Severna Park
Types of Metal Roofing
It can be challenging to try and navigate all the different types of metal roofing available, but selecting the right one for your application is important. At Cunningham Contracting, Inc., we are always happy to help you compare different features and come up with the roofing choice that is the best match for your specific needs. Our team is always here to walk you through the benefits and drawbacks of each so that you can make an informed choice. Here is a quick look at some of the basics, but please contact us to learn more.
- R-Panel roof: This is a cost-effective choice for many residential or commercial applications as it can be fitted over an existing roof, saving on disposal costs. It’s a good pick for low profile roofs. R-Panel roofs come in a variety of different colors.
- Corrugated roof: This is the type of roof most people think of when they hear the words “metal roof.” Corrugated roofs are made up of metal panels, and they have been in use for many years because they are durable and easy to install. There are several varieties available.
- Architectural standing seam: Known as the gold standard of its kind, this metal roof is extremely well-constructed. Factory sealed for water and wind resistance, this is a great choice if you have the budget to do it.
- Copper roof: Popular for its unique look and attractive appearance, copper roofs make a statement but have practical benefits as well. It is very durable, energy-efficient, and lightweight, making it an excellent all-around choice for roofing. That said, experienced installation is important as it is a specialty material, and it can be an expensive pick.
- Aluminum roof: As another lightweight metal, aluminum has good corrosion resistance, making it an excellent choice for areas that are by the ocean. It is also fairly easy to work with.
- Steel roof: Steel has long been a popular choice in metal roofing materials because it is both inexpensive and long-lasting. It can be heavier than some of the other metals, but it is very durable.
- Zinc roof: This roofing type is not as well-known as many of the others but is great for its durability and corrosion resistance. In addition, zinc has the ability to “self-heal,” which makes it a very unique option in the roofing material.
Benefits of Installing a Metal Roof
At Cunningham Contracting, Inc., we take our roofing options seriously and want you to choose the roofing type that suits your structural needs best. Metal roofing is a more expensive option than other roofing materials, but with that extra cost comes a collection of advantages. Some of the benefits of installing a metal roof include the following:
- Impressive lifespan – A quality metal roof has a longevity of 50 years or more of dependable use on your home or building. There’s typically no need for reroofing or replacement of your structure during a metal roof’s lifespan.
- Beautiful styles available – Metal roofs come in a wide variety of styles to match your aesthetic needs or complement the collective appearance of your neighborhood. You can choose from different colors and features to customize your roof’s appearance.
- Wind and fire resistance – The material qualities of metal roofs make them resistant to fire, which adds safety to your home or building whenever fireworks and other incendiary situations threaten your property. We also install the roof panels so that the wind doesn’t affect them.
- Energy Efficiency – A positive attribute of metal roofing is its insulative properties do a fantastic job of keeping your home cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. With better temperature regulation inside your structure, you’ll use less energy and may enjoy lower utility bills.
- Highly Durable – By its nature, metal tends to be a durable material that doesn’t wear, puncture, or tear easily. As a roofing material, it offers outstanding protection for your roof and stands up to rain, snow, ice, hail, and debris.
Should You Choose a Metal Roof?
If you’re thinking about a metal roof, we can talk with you about which material would work best for your home, and we’ll dial in an estimate for you. Schedule a consultation with our staff today, where we can talk with you about your budget, your project, and your timeline. Contact Cunningham Contracting Inc. today to set up a time that is convenient to discuss our metal roofing services for your residential or commercial property. We’ll gladly give you the metal roofing information you need to make an informed decision.
Why Choose Us?
- Locally-Owned & Operated
- Factory-Trained Technicians
- Over 25 Years of Experience
- Best Warranty Offer In The Industry
- Member of Crofton Chamber of Commerce